Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Trouble Texting?

So, I'm not sure what the girl in the middle
of this picture is wearing exactly
(not that the one on the right is much better but at least she doesn't look like she had an accident at the waxing appointment) and honestly
the only thing that these girls have in common with this post is that they happen to be texting (let's just hope that's the only thing that they have in common, anyway).

So, I have gotten into the habit, right or wrong, of texting more than talking on the phone. It's so much easier ... or perhaps it's my dormant anti-social behavior coming out ... or the complete and utter need to control the course of the conversation. But whatever the reason, I am a texter.

Unfortunately for a certain someone within the 224 exchange, I am also a random button hitter. For example, sometimes when I am hanging up my phone (that is, when I actually do use voice), I tend to hit some random sequence of buttons that forces my phone to play music. Occassionally, this tricks me into looking all about myself for the speakers that must be hidden in the atmosphere near my ears, only to find that it's a mini speaker attached to my phone, that is inside my purse, playing music.

Well, for a poor victim in 224-land, I must have hit another sequence of buttons. You see lately, my significant other was complaining of not receiving many of my text messages. I could reach him if I pulled up a text that was from him and replied but if, as was the case recently, I tried to text him from my contacts list, the message was lost in cyber-space or mobile-space ... whatever.

There was one particular text that I needed to send without replying to one of his sent texts as it was from my pictures. See, like a lot of married couples, every now and then we spice things up by randomly sending an R- (or in this case an X-) rated photo. Since the husband in this obviously fictional story, did not get my text, I made the informed and educated assumption that the file must have been too big (does that happen in text-land?). So, I proceeded to go back to normal domesticated wife-mode and ask my husband via text to pick up some butter and mayo from the market before he came home (obviously his mind was not bent on coming straight home after the original pic ... since he never got it anyway).

So, this whole, not getting texts has taken it's toll. My hubby thought that he must have inadvertently blocked my number from his phone so we spent some time trying to figure out how one even does that. Then, I decided to review my phone and to specifically look at the number to which I was sending these unreceived texts. Well, low and behold, it was not my beloved's number ... I had programmed in some weird number that I could only pray did not belong to any of my friends or business associates. The prayer continues ...

But the moral of the story is that if your husband, friend, business partner, whatever ... is not getting your texts - don't assume anything! Lest they get the random P-Shot followed by the timely request for Mayo and BUTTER!!!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

hahahahhahahaha

Absolutrly hysterical!

ps. I think you may have a lot in common with the chick all the way to the left! haha

Jett said...

Thank you RP - it was a funny, albeit fictional story that just entered my head with no basis in fact. But, I do like the girl on the left haha.